Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Rock On - My take

Everyone at home, work place and all the other ppl I know went gaga over the film which made me feel like an outcast for some strange reason ........

No doubt I liked the film, felt the film had huge 'Dil Chahta Hai' hangover on it …….

The only person I liked from the film was Javed Akhtar for his lyrics ….. Indian rock music is very superficial, with most songs having archaic lyrics, but he has experimented with words which made the songs lovable ………
The best part was writing about a laundry bill, denim jacket, chandi ka ring... you can't use angoothee for ring... This is the lingo of rock …… and Javed saab has mastered the lingo …….

This piece is not exactly a review of the film but I guess I just wanted to pen a few words about the most interesting part for me in the film ………..
I feel its not a cult film nor a great film as lot of people put it ………

Those who are reading ………… Keep having fun until Apple goes up ……...

1 comment:

Hemanth Pradeep said...

same Pinch!!!!
Rock on Naku kuda picha picha ga nachidni ...Pichele Saat dino main maine Khoya ...Kabhi khud pe hasa main kabhi khud pe roya.......hmm excellent Lyrics bava...
The chem shown b/w the frnds is Awesome!!!